How to scatter ashes on a BEACH
If you choose a beach the best method is Trenching or Beaching.
This is how you do it:
- Choose a suitable part of the beach – stay away from the beach entry / exit point.
- Choose a spot below the high tide line, if you are not sure where this is, look for the line of driftwood at the top of the beach.
- Carve a groove a shape or symbol in sand such as a heart shape or their initials. A gardening paddle hoe works well for this.
- Sprinkle the ashes into the trench, cover if you wish and wait until the tide washes the ashes it away.
- Keep the urn fairly low, below waist height
- Make sure party members are up wind if there is a breeze
- You can make it even more special by choosing sunrise or sunset and you are less likely to be disturbed
- Don’t get caught by the tide! Tide Times
- You may choose and appropriate urn
Keepsakes and Mementos
Some people find scattering the ashes too final and too difficult to deal with, we have a range of ideas on keeping a little of the ashes back and kept in a discreet keepsake, these two are probably the most appropriate: Oil candle or Glass Wave